If you’ve run into a “Comdlg32, ocx” absent or invalid mistake while firing up your Windows PC, or when you’re propelling a program, you are not the only one. This is a typical issue that numerous individuals face, and in this article, we have drilled down a few strategies to fix this blunder.
Understanding Comdlg32.ocx Missing Or Invalid Error
Comdlg32.ocx is an ocx document created by Microsoft for the Windows working framework. It is a CMDialog ActiveX Control DLL and generally accompanies Visual Studio 6.0 or Visual Basic 6.0 It shows discoursed like spare or open and it ought to never be erased.
Is Comdlg32.ocx A Virus?
Comdlg32.ocx is a real document process and frequently represents no risk to your PC. Be that as it may if it is situated outside of C:\Windows\System32, it ought to be viewed as suspicious.
The most effective method to Fix comdlg32.ocx Missing Error
There are a few different ways you can attempt to fix these blunder. They are recorded from the least complex to the little progress, so give them a shot in a similar request as the rundown.
Technique 1: Register comdlg32.ocx Again
This is the most mainstream answer to this issue, and it appears to have worked for a lot of clients. Re-enlisting is straightforward and should be possible if you follow the means beneath.
1. Make sure you are signed in as the executive.
2. Download the File from here.
3. Copy comdlg32.ocx.
4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32 and glue it over yonder. You will be requested affirmation. Affirm to proceed.
5. For 64-piece PCs, you additionally need to go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and glue the document there. Affirm again when the discourse box shows up.
6. Close everything.
7. Press Windows and R key together to open the Run discourse box.
8. Enter regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\comdlg32.ocx and press OK.
9. If you are running a more seasoned Windows working framework, for example, seven or Vista, open a raised command brief.
10. After these means, you will be welcomed with a message “DllRegisterServer in C:\WINDOWS\System32\comdlg32.ocx succeeded.”
11. Run the program that indicated the blunder message in any case.
This should fix comdlg32 — Ocx missing mistake from your Windows Machine.
Strategy 2: Use System File Checker
1. Type PowerShell on the hunt box and right snap on it. Select “Run as director.” On the other hand, you could squeeze Windows and the X key together. Select the PowerShell there and run it as an executive.
2. Now Enter the direction SFC/scannow.
3. Let the direction check for mistakes. This is presumably going to take some time. Unwind and hold up until Windows advises you once the sweep and fixes are finished.
4. Launch the program that was indicating mistakes.